THE FLUORESCENT LAMP BAN IS YOUR opportunity!
From September 1st of this year, all use of fluorescent tubes is prohibited (including for service purposes). Retrofit solutions (simple replacement of the lamps) are not only excluded from environmental subsidies, but are also not recommended due to brittle or defective sockets.
The ban on fluorescent lamps is part of the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, which aims to reduce the use of harmful substances in electrical and electronic equipment. The RoHS Directive applies to the European Union and the UK.
The ban on fluorescent lamps is also intended to promote the use of more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly lighting solutions, such as LED (Light Emitting Diode) lamps. LED lamps have many advantages over fluorescent lamps, such as:
- longer lifespan (up to 50,000 hours or more);
- lower energy consumption (up to 80% less than fluorescent lamps);
- better quality of light (more natural colors and less glare);
- lower maintenance costs (less need for replacement or repair);
- higher resistance to temperature changes, humidity and shocks;
- lower impact on the environment (do not contain harmful substances, such as mercury).
With LIGHTS RETROFIT solutions, thanks to lens technology, not only can higher illuminance levels of up to 80% more lux be achieved on the goods (compared to standard fluorescent tubes), but energy consumption and service costs can also be reduced.
By replacing fluorescent lamps with LED lamps, consumers and businesses can save money on electricity bills and reduce their carbon footprint. The planet can also benefit from less waste production and greenhouse gas emissions.